Tuesday, April 6, 2010

90 Days

I have not updated this blog in forever!!  But a lot has been going on here in our neck of the woods!

My husband’s parents live about 5 miles away from us, and there is also a property right next to them.  A elderly couple has lived there for about 3 years, and my husband has wanted that property when it went on sale 3 years ago.  He didn’t have the money, so the elderly couple got it. 

In the last month, the couple has had some really bad luck.  The wife has had some problems this past year, and the husband just broke his leg last month.  I feel so sorry for them.  They are ready to leave this property to be closer to their family.

So………………………….They are selling the house to us!

We move in 90 days!  We have to sell our house, and fix up this new house.  There is a lot to do!  I need lots of inspiration.  The house we live in now was a brand new house, and I didn’t really have to change anything. 

The house we are getting was built in 1996, and it needs some improving.  We have to repaint and add carpet, because the house smells like animals.  I can’t stand the smell. They have two big dogs and two cats.

Lots to do!! 

2 Ways to Agree/Disagree with me!:

Kristina P. said...

Congrats! I gues their misfortune is your luck!

Kristina P. said...

Hope you're doing well, Melissa!