Thursday, September 17, 2009

I am no longer wise.

 

I had my wisdom teeth out today. 

Yes. Today.

I actually feel pretty good.  I came home from the surgery, and slept for a couple hours.  I have laid around today eating my fill of mashed potatoes and Wendy’s frosties.  My husband has been my male nurse(murse) all day!  I made him wear a white dress and everything! 

IMG_1282

I had my surgery at 10:30, and this was actually taken about 4 hours after.  I know I look really cute with my ice pack holder. 

I hope this is the worse of the pain, because I read some many horror stories that I scared myself.  The nurse that gave me my sleepy drug was super sweet and calmed my nerves.  When I woke up in recovery I started crying and saying I want my husband, which actually sounded like: uhh wausnt muuyy hsuussbadddnd.  But the nurse told me I could not see him til I calmed down.  I was thinking I will calm down when I see my husband. 

He put me to bed, gave me medicine, fed me a frostie, and let me go to sleep!  I worried the whole time for nothing.

I hope its like this when I have babies!

5 Ways to Agree/Disagree with me!:

Kristina P. said...

I haven't gotten my wisdom teeth out because I'm too scared.

Here's to a pain free recovery!

Grand Pooba said...

Oh man, my Wisdom Teeth removal was awful! I started crying after they gave me the gas and it continued throughout the whole thing. It was a few weeks before my wedding and I got dry sockets! Worst. Pain. Ever!!

But I'm sure you'll be fine :o)

lol

Anonymous said...

Wisdom teeth surgery wasn't bad. In fact, I thought the anesthesia was pretty cool! I didn't get infection or dry sockets or whatever, and was eating by day 2. And having babies is a piece of cake... just don't forget the epidural!!

Hope you feel better soon!

Anonymous said...

PAINFUL! I had mine out this summer and it was absolutely horrible! My sympathies!

(Yes I did watch Glee last night! :)

Liz Mays said...

You do look pretty cute with your icepack holder. The swelling didn't look too bad. That's great!