Sunday, September 27, 2009

Our little (I mean really little) dream house

My husband and I were driving along and randomly talking about different things. The subject came up about what our perfect house would be if we did not have kids. We live in a 2300 square foot house, and my husband bought it because he knew it would be perfect for us. Now we feel like if we decide not to have children the type of house we would like to have based on our lives.

The setup of our house now is we have a great room (living room, kitchen, and dining area all together), 4 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms, 1 laundry room.

We only live in one side of our house, so we can eliminate the 3 other bedrooms. We can also eliminate the dining area, because we might have used it 5 times in the past 2 and a half years. My hubby did not even have a dining room table until we had been married 4 months.

We can really eliminate the kitchen because I don’t cook that often, and neither does my husband.

We can also get rid of the other 2 bathrooms. I think it may have been a couple of times that we used the bathrooms at the same time. Everyone knows boys can go pee outside.

So hubby and I only need a living room, bedroom and bathroom. We don’t need a jacuzzi tub or double sinks. We might need a little bigger shower though.

I hate doing laundry, and we could save a ton of money from the above house. So I figure I can just buy clothes for the week, then give them away to charity and buy new ones.

1 Ways to Agree/Disagree with me!:

Anonymous said...

I would love to have all your extra space! My house is closing in around me, lol. Enjoy all that extra space while you can :-)