Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Thanksgiving

I know it seems like a long way away, but I really just want to get out of town for Thanksgiving.  Just my hubby and I.  This past year we have had so much family drama, (my side) that we really don't care to spend the holiday with anyone. 

Don't get me wrong, Hubby and I love our family but we want to get away. 

I want to go to the beach, and hubby wants the mountains. 

We get free rooms in the mountains, but we have been there 3 times this year.  I have only been to the beach twice this year, and neither of those times included my husband.  I have a great deal at a resort at the beach, also. 

I don't know which one to choose! 

The problem with the mountains is that you are a million miles away from anything other than the hotel.  So any Black Friday Shopping we will have to drive far away to enjoy. 

The problem with the beach is that my husband hates it.  He also hates shopping. 

Mountains: 5 and half hours from our house.

Beach: 1 and half hours from our house.

Which would you choose?

8 Ways to Agree/Disagree with me!:

Kristina P. said...

How can you hate the beach? And we've spent holidays by ourself before, including Christmas, and I've loved it.

Anonymous said...

I would totally choose the beach. Go there but don't shop and you'll both be happy.

shortmama said...

Holidays are always drama 'round these parts too...except its his side lol.

I would choose mountain but thats just me!

Anonymous said...

Who doesn't love the mountains. Much more romantic and just sounds like more fun. LOL

Melissa said...

My hubby is anonymous, please disregard!

Anonymous said...

I'd also like to add I hate GLEE

Grand Pooba said...

GLEE rocks! Comon, did you see the last show with the Beyonce football dance? You can't say that's not funny!

And I say the beach, but please don't go shopping :)

Kristina P. said...

Hope you're doing OK!