Thursday, August 6, 2009

I Suck

I really do.

I have not wrote a single blog post since July 14th, and I am usually pretty good about keeping up.  I have just been lazy.  I have had a few things happen while I have been lazy.

My grandma had her 80th birthday party a couple of weeks ago, and the whole family came down for it.  I saw a lot of family that I had not seen in a good 10 years!!  There was a few people that I had saw that I have never met. 

I need to show you photographic evidence first before I tell you what a person with Alzheimer's said to me.

6611_1151217551015_1544910429_30663347_3778873_n

This is me with my cutie patootie niece!  That is the birthday girl in the back giving me the crazy eyes. 

Anyway this dress looks really bad on me, and I did not realize til I got to the party, where the following conversation took place:

Gma (grandma): AL, this is my granddaughter Melissa.

Me:  Nice to meet you!

AL (Alzheimer's lady): (pats my belly)  Aww your pregnant!!!!

Me: Umm No ma’am.

AL: Oh well you are just a little chubby!!

Me: say nothing but just walk away and go cry in the corner to my momma. 

Then I told my brother and my cousin what she said and they laughed at me.  Then the rest of the family found out, and then I could not enjoy 2 pieces with cake without someone saying: You really need to be eating that!

So that was a fun party. 

But then I see that picture and I say well I kind of do look pregnant!!

But before you get mad because I called her Alzheimer's patient, she also thought my uncle was a dentist but in reality his name is Dennis.

4 Ways to Agree/Disagree with me!:

Kristina P. said...

I don't think you look pregnant, it's just flowy!

Liz Mays said...

Why can't we wear loose dresses without being hassled? LOL to the dentist/Dennis.

And yeah, step it up with the blogging! :)

Anonymous said...

I was beginning to wonder about you! Glad you're back :-)

Yeah it is a bummer that wearing a flowy dress or empire waist automatically "means" you're prego. The are so comfy! And I have been mistaken for pregnant a couple of times when NOT pregnant, I know how you feel. At least the person who said it to you is not "all there", completely "with it" people said it to me! Lol

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, I know this was not funny for you, but I did get a little chuckle out of it...old people....they say the most random stuff. I certianly don't think you look preggers at all in that dress! But I hate clothes like that where people think you're wearing that style because you must be pregnant.