Sunday, January 17, 2010

First Thing

Today for the first time, I saw one of my husbands exes (ex) today.  We happen to be walking in the parking lot, and there was another couple with a baby.  Hubby said Hello while I was texting on my phone. 

I looked up and stood kind of behind him because I was texting, and wasn’t really paying attention to the conversation.  I got introduced as his wife, and that was it.  My hubby knows a lot of people and we constantly run into someone he knows.  I just do my usual “Nice to meet you” and stand there while they catch up. 

As we are walking away, I see my husband kind of smirk. I ask “Who was that?” He says it was his ex girlfriend from like 7 years ago.  I had to stop and look back to see what she really looked like.  I had not been expecting that. 

As we are leaving the store, and I have been joking around saying that could have been your baby, and how things change over time. 

I asked him if that Reba McEntire song played in his head as he talked to her:

Thousands of people live in this town
And I had to run into him
When I saw him there on that busy street
Those feelings came back again
There was nowhere to run, nowhere to hide
He walked up to me, looked in my eyes
Chorus:
And still
The world stood still
I couldn't move
And all I could feel
Was this aching in my heart
Saying I loved him still

After he stopped laughing he said that this Garth Brooks song was actually playing in his mind:

Sometimes I thank God for unanswered prayers
Remember when you're talkin' to the man upstairs
That just because he doesn't answer doesn't mean he don't care
Some of God's greatest gifts are unanswered prayers

Then I laughed some more.  It may sound mean and cocky, but you always want to look better than the ex.  and I did.

3 Ways to Agree/Disagree with me!:

Kristina P. said...

Very funny! We've never had that happen, thank goodness.

Liz Mays said...

Sweet justice that you look better! :)

Anonymous said...

hehe, I hear ya!