Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Christmas Traditions!!

This is our first Christmas as a married couple, and I wanted to go tell about the Christmas Traditions that I celebrated with my family.

The first one was going at Christmas Eve to look at Christmas lights. We would all pack in my grandparents cars to go see all the lights. Now that I think about it may have given my parents time to wrap the rest of the presents up.

christmas lights Pictures, Images and Photos

My grandparents lived in West Virginia when I was little, and our grandparents usually drove all the way to NC to come get us for the holidays. Our parents could never come up until Christmas Eve usually because of work. I loved it up there because it was usually a white Christmas. My grandma would go all out for Christmas! She had every room decorated, and made the best food ever!!

Lights of Christmas Pictures, Images and Photos

When the whole family was together the presents under the tree took up their own room. I tried to find a picture for example, but nothing on photobucket even compared to what ours looked like. My cousins and I could hardly sleep Christmas Eve. We would wake up at 5:00 a.m. and sit on the couch until everyone else woke up!

The best part of West virginia is that we didn't have to go anywhere else for Christmas, because there was no other family members around. Now we go about 4 different places because of all the different family members.

To this day I have never been without most of my family being there for Christmas. My grandma has been there every Christmas morning since I was born. We never went over to my other grandparents till the afternoon.

I love remembering all those memories, and I am looking forward to making new memories with my husband.

5 Ways to Agree/Disagree with me!:

Carrie said...

I loved having Christmases at my grandparent's house growing up. We stopped traveling there when I was around 14 and I always miss it. This year Nick and I are driving over to North Idaho the weekend before Christmas. I am so excited!

Anonymous said...

I feel the same about my grandparent's house for Christmas. However, the last couple years we have been squeezing that in early on Christmas Eve, then going to my inlaws, and then we have Christmas day at our house ALONE to build our own tradition. We go to my mom's the Sunday before Christmas or on Christmas day NIGHT. AH!! It gets busy!!

Funny how you figure out your parents' tricks when you are a grown iup (the looking at lights to get you guys out of their hair), lol, stuff still occurs to me and I am like "hey!!" .

Anonymous said...

My fam did the Christmas Eve lights drive too!!!!

Paige said...

your christmas light shots are great.

Enjoy your first married Xmas--I remember mine still

Anonymous said...

You're going to create such wonderful memories. I hope your first Christmas together is absolutely wonderful.