Thursday, April 30, 2009

Vacation All I ever wanted!

Here is a shocker for everyone:

My husband and I have taken separate vacations since we have been married. Now we went on our honeymoon together, and our one year anniversary. But those are the only two vacations that have lasted longer than a weekend.

Here is the skinny:

Michael loves to go to Las Vegas, and he goes to a few conventions a year. He always begs me to go, but I can't/won't. I really hate to fly, and I really don't like to gamble. Those is really the only vacation he has taken without me.

But in September I went to see my brother, sister-in-law, and new baby in Alabama. I drove the whole way with my BFF Angela. It is like a 12 hour drive from my house. Michael did not want to go.

I don't want to make that trip again!

So this summer I am trying to take a week off in the summer with Michael, but I want to go to the beach. Michael is not too fond of the beach. So he might go for a couple days, and my BFF Angela will stay with me the rest of the week.

I love my husband very much, and sometimes you need time apart! You need that time to yourself that you don't have to pick up after the other person. Absence makes the heart grow fonder!

One day I might go to Las Vegas, but I would never stop my husband from going because I am a whiny nagging wife.

My mom stays with me, because I am too chicken to stay by myself! That's a whole other story!

2 Ways to Agree/Disagree with me!:

Kristina P. said...

My husband and I usually vacation together, but I am going to NYC in July, with a girlfriend, and I have to say, I am glad.

We went together a couple of years ago, and it was fun, but it's just not the same when you go with a friend. He didn't want to shop or do a lot of the stuff I wanted to.

But, I don't like to fly either, and so I am nervous making the 4 1/2 hour flight without him.

OHmommy said...

after 9 years of marriage we are thinking of taking our very first vacay alone with one another this summer.

i can not wait. i love any type of vacays, really. you should go to vegas... great shopping.