Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Hubby and I first kiss

happy valentine\'s day Pictures, Images and Photos

It has been 3 years ago today that I first laid eyes on my husband, and since Valentines is upon us. I wanted to share Michael and I's first Kiss.

It also happen to be on Valentine's Day!!

Michael and I were set up on a blind date by his sister and my aunt, and he came to see me on a Saturday February 11th 2006. It was very AWKWARD! I had never been on a blind date. It went well enough for him to call me on Monday to ask for another date!

We went out on a Monday for our second date(Feb. 13th), and he took me to one of those fancy Japanese restaurants. He also brought me a ROSE! I still was not sure about him, but I think I definitely wanted to get to know him! We hugged each other that night, but it was a little awkward! (Sorry Honey!)

Our third date was on Valentine's Day. Yes, we went out 2 dates in two days! We went to the local mexican place, because we knew that we would never get in anywhere else. I decided that I was paying for this meal. He had dropped a lot of money the night before so I wanted to buy this meal!! It only ended up being $14!


After dinner he took me to meet his friends, and then took me back to my mom's shop! We stood at his car talking, and I wasn't sure if he wanted to kiss me! I gave him another awkward hug, and then I pulled back to leave. He did not let me get too far! He grabbed my hand and pulled me back in for a smooch! I think I may have kissed his goatee, but it was very sweet!!

I found out later from him that he wanted to make sure that if this didn't work out between us that I got a Valentine's kiss!!

How sweet is that? How was the first kiss between your husband and you?

7 Ways to Agree/Disagree with me!:

Kristina P. said...

Honestly, the first kiss was awkward and not that great. But it got much better!

Grand Pooba said...

Awwwww, what a sweetheart your hubby is, and way to go on skippin out on the big bill, ya big spenda!

My first kiss with the hubster was on our first date. We had actually been writing letters to eachother for months because he lived in Boston at the time and I lived in Utah. The day after he moved back to Utah we went on a date and he kissed me at my house. It was a good one too!

Cynthia said...

Good Lord...first kiss with Husband. He blew the first opportunity. I went in (turned before the door) and said "I wish you would have." He said "me too" Next time he did kiss me...and it was AWESOME!

Saucy said...

We started dating awfully close to V-day and it was awkward... what would we do? Actually our first date was on the 8th so we just sort of avoided and then he had a business trip out of town the next week so it worked out and there was no pressure but we got together the night he got back for drinks back at the place where we'd met. We got back into his Jeep and he just leaned over and planted one - pow! Right on the kisser. I'm still blushing.

Anonymous said...

Aw! that's a sweet story.

My husband and I met in high school. Our first date was to the valentine's day dance in 1992. We had our first kiss later that night in my friend's car. I was so shy!

We've been a couple for 17 years (today!) and married for 10 years on our past anniversary (Dec 31).

Happy Valentines day!

Rebecca said...

Thanks Melissa- I don't feel very cute right now!!

That is such a sweet story! I love it!

Ours was after a couple dates, we had known each other forever,you know-but were just friends! After maybe the second date he kissed me and I didn't realize he was going to so I was NOT prepared and so, it was a little awkward too! Glad they get better with time!

Anonymous said...

Awwwwww.....that's so sweet, goatee or no goatee...I love your story.How romantic that it all began on Valentine's Day!