Monday, February 2, 2009

I won!!!!

I won!!! I won an argument!!! It took over a year but I finally won an argument.

~~~~Flashback~~~~~~

When I first married my husband, he could only sleep with all the lights off and NO TV! I could only sleep with the TV on. Well I (being the good wife) wanted to go bed the same time that my husband did, but I can't just lay there in the dark. I am scared of the dark. My husband also goes to bed at 10:00. He bought me a book light, and for a year I would read my book under the covers til I fell asleep.

~~~~Flashback over~~~~~

Well I started reading twilight and the other books that go along with it, and it started freaking me out. I would hear noises and wake Michael up to check those noises out.

Last night when we got into bed, I started to turn off the TV and this was the conversation:

Michael: You can keep the TV on.

Melissa: Why?

Michael: Because when the TV is on, you do not hear the noises, and you don't wake me up. I can learn to sleep with the TV on.

Melissa: Woo Hoo!! I won!! (happy dance in bed) I won!!

It took over a year, but I broke Michael down so that I could have my way to watching TV in bed!! It took a lot of patience and skillful thinking, but he finally sees it my way!!

Now if I could only get him to get that cleaning lady.

6 Ways to Agree/Disagree with me!:

Stephanie said...

I am the opposite! I need it to be quiet....and Dave won....now we have the TV!

Kate Giovinco Photography said...

LOL I love sleeping in the dark with no tv.

Unknown said...

Congrats! Isn't it nice to win from time to time?

Anonymous said...

Alright! It's fun to win sometimes!

Anonymous said...

Haha!


Hubby and I have the opposite debate-I like silence and he likes noise to sleep!

ME said...

You crack me up, I had to let Jody read too!!!