Wednesday, February 18, 2009

New Tricks!

I am learning new tricks all the time for this blog. I am getting the hang of making this blog look like I want it to look like. It is really hard to decide what I want, and I know I change my mind a lot. I got this great tutorial from JenieShell's Blog to make a button. What do you think?


I totally stole some of the images off photobucket, but when I find out how to make this without stealing images I will. If I get in trouble then I will take it down. I wish I knew how to draw this stuff.
My Creating Web Pages class is starting tomorrow, and I am so excited!! I want to learn everything there is about building my own web page, so I can get better at this blog! I know that I will never be one of those famous blogs that I love, but it is a start!
As you can see it is work in progress!

8 Ways to Agree/Disagree with me!:

Cynthia said...

I taught myself how to draw in both Photoshop, and Illustrator. It opened up tons of opportunities for me. Good luck with your class!

HeatherPride said...

Never say never!! The badge is cool!

M said...

Hey there! I want to send you an invite but need your email.

Shoot me one and rumblingsandbumblings at gmail dot com and I'll get it to ya.

Anonymous said...

Cute!

Jen said...

Hey Melissa,

I am so glad my tutorial was helpful!! A year ago I was just like you wanting to figure out how to tweak my blog. I considered paying someone to create a template for me but I was hesitant because I am always getting bored and wanting a new look so I didn't want to pay money only to change it a month later, so I started doing things on my own! I've learned a lot in a year and that's why I started my design site as a way to help others .

Your button looks great!! There are LOTS of great graphic designers that design graphics for FREE for personal use! I have a few names on my blog, check them out that way you wont have to steal!

I'd love to take an official class on web design!! Good luck!! Can't wait to hear all about it!!

Jen

Saucy said...

pssst... I snag images all the time, I try to give credit where I can, but sometimes it just happens!

Besides, if you aren't selling anything on your blog I think it's okay.

OHmommy said...

VERY cool badge!

Anonymous said...

I think that turned out really cute!