Monday, October 6, 2008

Fall Party!!

Kimba at A Soft Place to Land is having a fall party.

I know Fall started like a month ago, but I finally got around to getting some pumpkins, and cute little fall things. I am not a big Halloween person, and I prefer summer to any other season. But I decided since this is my first Fall with my hubby that I would fix up the house. I only did a couple things, but I wanted so bad to be a part of the party!!

This is the island that I change monthly what I want in the middle. This is a bad picture. I stole this casserole dish from my aunt, and she has not asked for it back. It has been there with the top on it for a few weeks. Tonight I filled it with Michael's crafts store pumpkins that are half off!!




This is the centerpiece to my dining room. I have had those candles on my dining room since I got it. We never eat there, but I try to have something there. Good thing you did not see the rest of the table, because it has junk on it.



I know this is nothing spectacular, but its a start!!! I will take any tips or suggestions!!

I also bought a Fall flag for the porch! But its dark, and I don't want to take a picture, because Dancing with the Stars is on.

13 Ways to Agree/Disagree with me!:

Anonymous said...

Well done. I like the pumpkins in the bowl best, simple and autumny. I don't decorate for holidays and stuff. (b/c I am too lazy) I think it looks really nice, but it's a lot of effort (for lazy me) and just when I get attached to it and it's time to take it down and put up stuff for another holiday/season. So I just don't except for Christmas.

Empty Nest Full Life said...

I'm more of a fall girl too instead of halloween. This is my favorite season, and I like the pumpkins and gourds a lot. Jackie

Unknown said...

I started small too...and have kept adding. It has been fun though! Love your pictures.
Diane

Darlene said...

Looks good...just keep adding year to year!

Astrid in Bristling Acres said...

I think those are very pretty fall decorations. I really like the casserole dish filled with pumpkins. Elegant! :)

ME said...

I think it looks great! I usually remember right before a holiday or season is over to put out the decorations :-( Mainly because I'm sure they will get ruined and I will not have them the next year. I do love Christmas and we usually decorate the day after Thanksgiving!

Candice said...

Cute centerpiece! I love those candlesticks!

Candice said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Candice said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Meghan said...

Great centerpiece.
Lovely start!

Weeksie50 said...

I love your decorations..
It's a wonderful start..

Anonymous said...

I LOVE all of your Fall/Halloween decorations!! They all are great!

Kimba said...

Hi there! You're off to a great start with your decorations! Nice job!

Thanks for coming to my party!
Happy halloween,
Kimba