Monday, August 25, 2008

Opposites Attract

I have only been married for 7 months, 6 days, 5 hours, and 6 minutes, and I have enjoyed every stinkin' minute of it.

But my Hubby and I are as different as black and white, water and fire, and Simon and Paula.

He loves country music, and I am a lot pop, rock, rap(anything he doesn't like.) I love a good reality show, while he would like to watch a sitcom.

He would love to live in the country and I would love the downtown life.

I like to sleep with the light and sound on, and he would love it perfectly silent and dark.

How can we make this marriage work? How do two people make it in this world when they are polar opposites?



It works miracles.

We found each other through a blind date, and thankfully the people that love us the most knew deep down inside it would work.

Let's just say we probably would not have been friends first.

I don't think we figured out how much of opposites we are until we were married. But I love my husband so much, that it doesn't matter that we can't watch the same show, or listen to the same radio station.

I just like being with him. I like laying in the crook of his armpit and giggling together about silly stuff. The looks he gives me that says I found the perfect girl, and I get to see her naked.

If we lost everything, and we had to move above his parent's garage in his old apartment to make ends meet. It would still be our perfect life.

Even if we can't decide what movie to watch.

3 Ways to Agree/Disagree with me!:

Anonymous said...

sounds fantastic and as long as you get each other. that's all that matters!

FarmGirl said...

I was a "townie" and my hubby is a farmer. I get the opposites attract, because, well I married my opposite. It's nice to find someone that keeps it interesting! I am now a farmer's wife...which many still find hard to believe. And wonderfully enough, I absolutely love it! We have only been married a few years, but he is definately my life partner...so, I get this post...right on!
Just stopped in to say a big hello to a new SITS member....see ya soon!

Mrs. Buck said...

I love this post! I'm recently married, and though we're not complete opposites, I swear we couldn't be more different on certain things - especially movies! We just signed up for Netflix, so that should be interesting!!