Friday, August 29, 2008

Tornado Chaser!!

Tonight for the first time in my life I saw a Tornado forming in front of my eyes!!!!

I wish I had a camera but I was in the car!

My husband and I are driving to dinner and the clouds are looking kind of weird. I don't like thunderstorms anyway, so this freaked me out!!

We are driving down a major highway and I see this set of clouds, and it looks kind of funny. I tell my hubby that those clouds look like they are coming together. As we get closer to the clouds we could see them forming upward into a tornado.

At this time I am freaking out, because I have never seen anything like that!! Tornadoes to me means scary stuff!!

I am telling my husband to speed up, and drive faster!!! As we drive by it we are still looking in the rear view mirror at it and we are going away from it. I don't think it ever touched down, but it was scary!!!!

As I write this my nerves are still shot! My husband comforted me by saying it was a little tornado and would not have hurt us. I am so glad he was with me. If I had been by myself I probably would have peed my pants!!!

I wanted to call the local news station and tell them that there is a tornado forming but my husband would not let me.


There is no way I could live in the midwest!!!

1 Ways to Agree/Disagree with me!:

Anonymous said...

that must have been cool looking!! I love watching storms.

lol. I live in southern IL and tornado weather is quite common. I was in a detstructive one when I was in the 4th grade. All the houses surrounding us were flattened but the one I was in (my cousins'). And it scared the crap out of me!! But now they don't bother me much. They are very hit and miss so the chances of getting hit by one is really pretty small.

And we've had earthquakes this year, too!!! All we need now are hurricanes and a volcano. lol.