Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Junior League

I am thinking about joining my local Junior League. I am interested in the volunteer work that the Junior League puts on, and I love the local Holly Day fair that they put together.

But am I too young to be a part of the Junior League? Whenever I think of the Junior League, I think of women in their 40's who have great kids, great house, and all around perfect.

I am none of those things. I think of someone like Laura Bush. She is probably a part of it.

Laura Bush Pictures, Images and Photos

But as I sit and see how I moan about America, and how I don't want to spread my wealth. I know I change things by helping others. My local Junior League helps a lot with children, habitat for humanity, and battered women. Why can't I be the type of person who does that?

I am lazy, and I read where you have to give at least 3 hours a week to the Junior League. That may not seem like a lot, but when I have to work, work out, blog, watch tv, and take care of my husband, 3 hours seems like 40 days. Also the new membership classes have already started, so I will have to wait until next year. I have a while to ponder whether I want to be a part of it or not.

1 Ways to Agree/Disagree with me!:

Anonymous said...

I have always had the notion that jr leaguers are snooty ladies named Muffy and Buffy and Charlotte that wear flowered hats and eat scones, lol. (TV and movies I guess, b/c we don't even have one here.) I think it's great to donate your time to others, though, so go for it!! And blog about Muffy, Buffy, and Charlotte!! ;-)