Monday, November 10, 2008

No Babies!

It seems like everyone is on the babymaking train these days.

Michael and I are not.

We are patiently hanging out in the train station, watching all of our friends and family step on aboard the train. I personally know 8 or more people that are currently pregnant or just had babies.

Michael and I have 2 nephews and 1 niece on his side. They are 6, 5 and 3. They are at the best age to play with, and have fun. They are potty trained, and we love spoiling them. My brother and wife were just blessed with a brand new baby girl. She is the most sweetest thing in the earth. The bad thing is she lives 10 hours away!!! My mother can only go see her about once a month.

Guess what I hear when she gets back.

Momma: "When are Michael and you having babies?"

Me: "Not anytime soon."

Momma: "But I need a grandchild that is close by."

Me: "Tell your son to move closer."

Every day someone asks us about having children. I know that you are supposed to get married and procreate. We are heavily thinking about in the next few years to have a child or two. Just not right now.

A couple of weeks ago, I was feeling tired and just plain weird. I get plenty of sleep at night, and I just didn't know what was happening. Michael and I joked that maybe I was pregnant. I could not get it out of my mind, so I took a pregnancy test.

It was negative.

I was relieved.

So when people are getting on the babymaking train, and leaving us in the station. They do not have to worry, because we will eventually get on the train.

Train Track Couple 4 Pictures, Images and Photos

5 Ways to Agree/Disagree with me!:

Mrs. Buck said...

we're in the same boat (or should i say waiting at the same train station). We just became first time Aunt/Uncle to my husband's sisters baby, and she's wonderful, but they are a few years older than us, and watching them and hanging out with the baby makes me realize that while I totally want kids down the line, we are not yet ready.

Anonymous said...

Definitely enjoy your "alone" time, b/c there is NO going back once you are on the train!!

I can sort of identify. For the past 5-ish years all we've heard is "so, when are you having another?" or "kyle needs a little bro/sis". I was thinking "WE'RE TRYING DAMMIT!!!" the whole time. Ah, but FINALLY, after 6 years, we're on the baby train again!

Paige said...

I am at the station with you and I like it that way. But we have been married 14 years!

ME said...

It always happens around the 1 year mark...the questions start! You guys will be great parents!

Rindy R said...

I'm with Mrs. D. Enjoy this time! You don't want any regrets of what you could have done if only you didn't have kids. Travel, be spontaneous, and spend money where you shouldn't - because when the kids come - the travel stops (for a while), being spontaneous means finally getting out of the house on a saturday, and all the money gets spent on those adorable baby clothes! HAVE FUN - you'll be so far ahead of the game! CUTE blog by the way!